1st November 2020
This will be my last update for a while – I’m going to try to add Neural Net training/play to a limited number of Ai Ai games. This may take some time.
One Eyed Go
Halma family games (Halma, Grasshopper, Ugolki)
Claustrophobia (mine, experimental)
Murus Gallicus bugfix
Switched to Maven for builds
Improved Go engine (about 3x faster)
Removed centre from Yavalath
First steps towards Neural Networks
This version of Ai Ai has been built with Java 11, and will run in Java 11 or any later version (the latest is 14 at time of writing).
If you already have java 11 or later installed, just perform these steps:
(1) Download this .zip file
(2) Unzip with folders intact
(3) Double-click on ai ai.jar
- Did you unzip the files first? Ai Ai will not run from inside a .zip file.
- If you are a mac or linux user, you may have to mark ai ai.zip as executable.
- On some systems, Ai Ai cannot find the folder it is running from. If you’re on linux or Mac O/S try runnning from mac.sh (you’ll need to mark it as executable), on windows try running from win_low_mem.bat
- Do you have the right version of Java?
Not sure what version of Java you have installed? Open a command/terminal window and type:
If you see version 11 or later, you’re good to go. If not, follow the steps below to install a newer version of Java.
All Operating Systems
This is a manual install of the latest Java build (currently 14).
(1) Go to AdoptOpenJDK
(2) Download the Java installer for your operating system from the list. I recommend the JDK rather than the JRE.
(3) Once the file has downloaded, run it to install Java.